As an EA, you’ve likely thought about looking into calendar tools for scheduling and management. Look no further—Base is about to be your new best friend! Not only does our one-of-a-kind EA platform give you the tools you need to successfully manage an executive calendar, but it also takes your calendar management responsibilities and makes them feel less like a chore and more like a strategic win.
Since it’s your job to make sure your executive is spending their day-to-day as efficiently as possible, you obviously need resources that make overall schedule management a breeze. With our tools and best practices, calendar management just got a whole lot more glamorous. Keep reading to learn how.
Calendar Management for Executive Assistants
Calendar management for executive assistants is a non-stop duty. If you’re asking yourself, “what is calendar management, and what does it entail?”—here’s a breakdown!
Effective calendar management is a cognitive skill that combines priority management and time management to optimize one or more calendars. It’s based on understanding where time is best spent, and then planning accordingly. Easy, right? Well, without the right tools, it can be downright challenging. Not to mention time consuming!
Luckily, Base has the calendar management tools assistants need to upskill their scheduling practices and wow their executives time and time again. No matter if you’re supporting one exec or ten, you need to be on your game. In fact, below are some calendar management tips from our own EA team.
- Calendar audit: With Base, you can hook your executive’s calendar up to our Analyze tool and see how they’re spending their time, when they’re busiest, and who they’re meeting with most often.
- Easy integration: Once your executive’s calendar is integrated into Base, you can easily create meeting notes, as well as drop events, files, attachments, and more into our Digest tool. This gives your executive a comprehensive view of everything they need in one convenient place.
- Color coding: Though it may seem basic, we’ve received a lot of feedback about how color coding an executive calendar can enhance organization and help you both approach the week with more clarity. It’s a highly effective way to quickly visualize the week ahead and stay aligned with different goals and priorities.
Schedule Management for Executive Assistants
Every seasoned EA knows the importance of scheduling efficiency. It’s our job to make sure our executive is spending their valuable time as wisely as possible, and strategic scheduling is a must. Since scheduling meetings for your exec can take up a large portion of your day, we want to help cut back on the time it takes so you can increase your overall productivity. Below are a few tools we suggest utilizing to streamline the process.
- Template scheduling: While automation is great for some tasks, there will still be those inevitable back-and-forth emails we’re expected to tend to. As an executive assistant, scheduling email templates is beneficial in instances when the same verbiage is used in many of your responses. This way, you won’t have to repeatedly retype the same reply.
- Click-to-call: An amazing way to simplify scheduled phone calls is to use “click-to-call” numbers in Google Calendar holds. When calling into conference calls, you typically need to dial both a phone number and an access code. The great thing about using “click-to-call” for conference lines is that your executive won’t have to worry about manually dialing either number!
Better yet, our scheduling software, Scheduler, represents the single largest opportunity cost for assistants. Until now, no calendar management tools have been built for managing someone else’s time. Scheduler allows you to manage multiple calendars, meetings, and schedules with a tool that thinks like an assistant.
Get Noticed With Base
If you’ve been looking for an email and calendar management tool to help you upskill as an EA, maintain job security, and improve your relationship with your exec—Base has you covered. Base is all this and so much more. Effective calendar management and scheduling are just a few clicks away.
Start Base for free today to see how our platform can streamline the way you approach your executive calendar.